Plaquemines Parish Coastal Resources leverage resources and regulate coastal activities for the purpose of protecting, enhancing, and creating coastal assets in Plaquemines Parish.
The Coastal Division will maintain a professional relationship with all coastal stakeholders, advocate for the implementation of coastal restoration practices and regulations that are based on the best available science, and faithfully represent the interests of Plaquemines Parish.
This department also serves as a liaison between Plaquemines Parish and all state and federal agencies such as:
- Coastal Protection Restoration Authority (CPRA)
- Coastal Wetlands Planning
- Hurricane Storm Damage Risk Reduction System (HSDRRS)
- National Oceanic Atmospheric Association (NOAA)
- Natural Resource Damage Assessment (NRDA)
- Protection and Restoration Act (CWPPRA)